Fundraising at Dorothy Lynas
Fundraising is vital to the ongoing growth of the École Dorothy Lynas Elementary School and provides a wonderful opportunity for community building. Fundraising provides our school with the financial means to acquire and/or upgrade equipment, supplies, material and programs beyond normal assistance covered by the District and Province. The additional funds are an investment in our school to enhance programs, policies, and activities; and to provide a better learning environment for our children.
Our sources of fundraising is through:
- Fun Food Days
- Seycove Family of Schools – Auction, Dinner and Dance and take away Saturday, April 29th, 2023
- The Card Project
- Spirit Wear
- Bingo Night
- Cobs Bread (Mention Dorothy Lynas and our PAC gets 5% of the sale at Parkgate and Park & Tilford Location)
These wonderful fundraisers are supported by volunteers that help make these events successful. We encourage those interested to get involved to support the PAC fundraisers.
Where does the Fundraising money go?
In recent years, fundraising dollars were spent in the following areas:
- Technology: iPads and projector equipment
- Performance Art programs for assembly
- Student subsidies (for events, field trips) and scholarships
- Library books and home reading books
- Playground improvements and maintenance
- First Aid and Emergency Preparedness supplies, Safe Teen program
- Student Empowerment (Dragon Lunches, peer counselors, etc.)
- Gym equipment (and mats) and school team jerseys
- Equipment for the music room
- Teacher support: consumable class materials.
There is an ongoing need for these expenditures every year. The PAC is proud to support our school and is immensely grateful to all the families for their generous donations and the volunteers who put in the time to implement the programs.
Mention our Dorothy Lynas at Cobs Bread Parkgate, & Park & Tilford and they will donate 5% of your purchase to our school.
Beautiful Eyes Optometry
Purchase glasses and mention our school and 5% of your sales will go back to our school.
PAST 2020-2021 FUNDRAISERS & EVENTS:
Grade 7 Bottle Drive
72 Hours Emergency Kits
FUNDRAISERS & EVENTS ON HOLD:
Dorothy Lynas Family Movie Nights
Family Bingo Night
Ready Set Glow