Reimbursement payments for approved purchases to volunteer parents and to all DL staff will be made via INTERAC e-transfer. In cases where this is not possible, a cheque will be issued.
Advantages and Features of INTERAC over Cheque:
- The PAC does not need to manually prepare a cheque, and obtain two signatures;
- The recipient does not need to pick up and deposit a physical cheque; they can deposit their e-transfer from anywhere they can read email;
- The only information required by the PAC is the recipient’s e-mail address. No other personal information such as a bank account number is ever revealed or disclosed.
- The recipient will receive an e-mail announcing the transfer – and is prompted to correctly answer, in one word, a password that is known only by the PAC treasurer and bookkeeper and by the recipient. The same password can be used for all future transactions with the same individual.
- Once the password is answered, the recipient simply clicks on an icon of the appropriate financial institution with whom they deal, select “confirm” – and the funds are transferred immediately. The recipient, of course, must have on line access to his or her bank or credit union account.
- An INTERAC transfer is controlled by the PAC and BlueShore Financial in the same way as a cheque. Instead of two signatures, one authorized officer (usually the treasurer) creates the transfer request and another authorized officer (PAC Executive Member) separately approves the transaction. Both steps need to be completed before the transaction is completed and funds are transferred.
How to get reimbursed via INTERAC e-transfer:
- Download and print the Reimbursement Request Form.
- Fill in the top portion of the form.
- Choose the correct category and write in the total expense.
- Scan form and receipts into ONE PDF document. Free phone apps, such as Doc Scan, can be used to easily do this from your phone.
- E-mail PDF to [email protected]
If you have any questions or concerns, please send an e-mail to [email protected]
Dagne Fortin, PAC Treasurer