Every parent with a child at Dorothy Lynas is a member of the École Dorothy Lynas School Parent Advisory Council.
[mls_h2]The PAC’s purposes are to:[/mls_h2]
- Enhance the educational opportunities for students of the School by promoting a safe and positive learning environment.
- Act as a supporting body within the school community.
- Promote unity and understanding between staff, students and parents.
- Raise funds for educational resources and activities.
- Advise the school board and the Principal & staff of the School respecting any matter relating to the school.
- Advocate for the students’ educational needs.
The PAC Executive, which is elected in October of each year, coordinates the talents of the many parent volunteers to achieve the maximum benefit for the students and the school. Some parents are involved primarily in fundraising activities while others are diligently occupied with ensuring that the funds raised are spent wisely on programs and needs within the school. Many parents volunteer their time to ensure the school is a safer, better and more enjoyable place. There is a place for everybody in the PAC’s work.
Meetings are held monthly, and all parents and teachers are welcome.
The PAC is a great demonstration of our caring as parents. We all seek to ensure that our children have the best education in a safe and caring environment. We want Dorothy Lynas to be the best it can possibly be.
You are encouraged to volunteer in whatever way you can.