[mls_mark]OCTOBER 7th TO 11th, 2013[/mls_mark]
Hosted in BC by DASH BC and HASTe BC, iWalk is a week-long event that happens every October. It gives children, parents, school teachers and community leaders an opportunity to be part of a global event to celebrate the many benefits of walking or otherwise getting to school in active ways.
We at Dorothy Lynas would like to be a part of iWalk to promote health and community around our school as well as reducing emissions.
What are the benefits?
- Encouraging physical activity by teaching children the skills to walk safely, helping them identify safe routes to school, and demonstrating the benefits of walking.
- Raising awareness of how walkable a community is and where improvements can be made.
- Sharing valuable time with local community leaders, parents and children.
How can you get involved?
Everyone can take part in iWalk, even if you can’t walk, there are ways you can be involved. So from October 7th to 11th,
- Get to know someone in your community and carpool for the week!
- Park away from the school and walk in, or join a group who walks in!
- Bike, ride a scooter, or take the bus!