The countdown to the holidays has begun! The plans are in the making – winter activities, holiday baking, meals with friends and family and all the holiday entertaining that comes with the season.
Its the perfect time to stop and realize how fortunate we are in this wonderful DL community and to understand that there are families close by who could use some love, some attention and some basic provisions to make their holidays alot brighter.
So in our best DL Spirit we are hosting a Holiday Food Drive between Mon Dec 11 and Wed Dec 20!
A box will be placed in each classroom on Monday to collect canned, dried and boxed food items and here’s a little twist – the class who brings in the most items as of 3 pm Wed Dec 20 will win a pizza lunch for their entire classroom!
Here are some ideal items to considering bringing in:
- Healthy cereals and oatmeal
- Kids’ snack items (juice boxes, individual applesauces + fruit cups)
- Granola bars, cookies + crackers
- Jars and pouches of baby food, powdered baby formula
- Canned fruits and vegetables
- Canned meats and fish (salmon, tuna, ham, turkey)
- Meat alternatives – nut butters, soy, assorted nuts
- Dry pasta
- Jars or cans of pasta sauce
- Pancake and baking mixes that only require water
- Canned and dry soups
- Instant canned foods (stews, chili, baked beans)
- Canned and powdered milk
- Long life juice – does not need refrigeration
Please be mindful of expiry dates and thank you in advance for your participation!
Any families available to drive donation boxes to the Harvest Project on Dec 21 or Dec 22 please contact us at email@example.com