The PAC Executive is pleased to introduce you to our New PAC Chair, Rahim Rajan. We have had the pleasure of getting to know Rahim well this past year as he has attended many of our PAC meetings and we look forward to working together as a team in 2016/2017. Please take a few minutes to read Rahim’s Welcome Letter to all DL Families.
We are thrilled that our former PAC Chair, Craig McMahon along with DL Fundraising Chair/Member-at-Large, Suzanne Siemens will both step into the role of Vice Co-Chairs. Wayne Audette remains our Treasurer, Shaireen Sayani remains as Secretary/PAC Communications and Jason Brunelle, Crystal Gerling (DL Events & Social Committee Chair) & Emina Dervisevic (CPF Dorothy Lynas Chair and CPF BC Chapter President) have committed to us again this year as Members-at-Large.
We thank former PAC Vice-Chair, Cassandra Hall, for her years of leadership in the PAC Executive. And to Cheryl Learmonth – one of the founding members of the DL PAC & long-time member of the PAC Executive – our sincere gratitude to you for your ongoing dedication to the DL Community and for the many years of guidance you have given to us all.
Pub Night is Friday, Nov 4th – Booked your tickets? Booked a sitter? Booked your transportation? If not, what are you waiting for?! The countdown to Friday has already begun (Halloween Monday and a Pro-D Day Tuesday to start off the week…need we say more?!). Book your Pub Night tickets HERE!
An important message from DL Parent, Holly– How are you getting to and from Pub Night? Get home safely with a super awesome designated driver. Or if everyone in your group is drinking, no worries! Call North Shore Taxi (604) 922-2222 or Sunshine Cabs (604) 987-3333. They will take you home whatever the time. Thanks for keeping our roads safe and for setting a good example to our kids about responsible drinking. Cheers!
An equally important message from our Social Committee & Events Chair, Crystal:
Pub Rules: To ensure you have a fun-filled evening, let’s set up a few ground rules.
1. Don’t Worry. Your kid(s) are fine…. actually better than fine because they are likely breaking all the rules with babysitter…. so relax and enjoy.
2. Don’t talk about the kids. You are here to meet adults and to get to know some new parents. Find out about their jobs or hobbies. Talk sports, current events, anything adult….that is why we are here.
3. Have an AMAZING evening.
4. Lastly, after an amazing evening Get Home Safely. For some, that may mean a short stumble home and for others, a cab ride. But for a lucky few, make a call to your teenager to come pick you up (payback time). Let’s keep the roads safe and let’s keep our parents social and sane 🙂
Make some notes:
- Art Cards orders are coming in strong!...don’t forget to order your customized cards, posters, journals and sketchbooks…..holiday gifts all in one place! Visit www.thecardproject.ca. The school access code is DL69.
- Do you know about the Nesters Community Rewards program? When you are at the Nester’s checkout next time, consider donating your Nester’s Points to Dorothy Lynas Elementary. All points collected for our school come back to us as shopping credit for our DL annual events and programs.
- To all our students: Have a safe and happy halloween!
- To all our parents: Reminder that Tuesday Nov 1st is a Pro-D Day, so no school.